Kim's Stitching Creations - You think it. We make it.
My Blog

Fixing a dress and making it mine

I wanted to do a post today so I decided to show you have to fix a simple tear, a tear at the seam. Easy to fix, can be done by hand, machine or an overlocker. I'm going to do it by hand.

This is the tear, it's at the jointing of     This is what the other side looks like.
the arm, underneath.

I find it better to pin fabrics into place. The fabric as been stretched so pinning it helps me work out
where to put the extra.

This is after I stitched it, I did it by hand to have more control, it could have been done by machine but I find this fabric (jersey) can more quite a bit, so I stuck with hand sewing. If it was a big tear I would have used a machine.

Finished, looks ok, I think.

I wanted to do something else to the dress, it's got a flower and birds pattern. I've had it for a long time, either have a newer version of it. So I decided to decorated a bit, give it a bit of colour.

I used Dylon fabric paint, I think they're the best for painting on fabric. I collected a lot of pots over the years. You use them just like normal paint, you can mix them, blend them, if I remember rightly you can use them watered down.

This is what I have done so far. I'm waiting for it to dry at the moment, once dry I will iron it with a piece of cloth over it. This can help set the paint.
I used different techniques; blending; overlay; mixing colours, navy and silver makes a lovely sparkle pearl blue.

I'm probably going to add more to it over time. I'll keep you updated and show you the end result when I've finished it.

If you guys have any ideas let me know and I'll see if it works.

6 Comments to Fixing a dress and making it mine:

Comments RSS
travel packages to china on 16 May 2013 09:30
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.
Reply to comment

Jacket on 28 May 2014 07:38
Hello dude, Its really wonderful way to fix a dress and makes it mine and I can hope that everyone will like this wonderful tutorial of fixing dress. Thanks :)
Reply to comment

strona internetowa on 31 August 2014 07:54
How to embellish an operating hall In the initial selection, we certainly have full command across the approach to entering
Reply to comment

strony internetowe on 08 December 2014 09:33
It could be distinguished that there is quite a few important key facts which makes us should consider ingesting your kitchen interior When trying to find ideas for design design will need to appear ideally for the Internet
Reply to comment

write my college paper for me on 23 April 2018 12:03
Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea
Reply to comment

nightrush on 14 July 2018 06:26
They realize that betting is, well, betting. There is positively no assurance that you will dependably win at whatever point you bet regardless of whether it's online of disconnected.
Reply to comment