Sorry I haven't been around recently. It was a very busy December and early January. I'm back now and looking forward to lots of sewing and blogging about what I sew. As always if there is anything anyone wants a blog about let me know and I'll see if I can make it happen.
Anyway today's blog is about one of the alterations I have done to a George see-through black shirt.
I like it but I need a bit of extra sparkle, just to make it a bit more me.
Sometimes, I like to create as I make, I don't want to think about it before, I like to get ideas as I go. I do this more with my items. Not with other peoples, I plan them a lot more.
I found these leftover items. The charms are from a broken bracelet, which I really liked when it wasn't broken.
This was halfway through the altering process.
I only used one of the charms. I stitched on by the holes it had from being attached to the rest of the bracelet.
I also stitched beads on the joining of the lace and the chiffon. This was very easy but time consuming.
The pattern is three beads, two small grey beads and a larger metallic rainbow bead in the middle.
To complete the next idea I had, I made two bead strings. Which is done by threading a needle, making a knot at the bottom and putting beads on it.
Once both were finished, I stitched both on the to the shirt under the beads already on. I started from opposite ends (the shoulders) and have them meet in the middle. I let the rest of the beads fall. They can either be left hanging or tied in a bow.
And that's that. A simple alteration and it gives my shirt something that I like. This £3 shirt comes something new, something that if sold anywhere else gets a high price tag.
I brought more things in the sales, a couple of black scarfs (£1 each) and some other garments that I'm going alter to become more personal.
I also have some other ideas that I want to show you some I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for reading and please comment below.